Test Kit Life

DJT

Aug 8, 2015
Oakland/NJ
Morning,

Today is opening day for me in northern NJ and it looks like it will be a nice sunny one. A very quick couple of questions for you on the life of my test kit and the reagents. I have a Taylor K-2600 which I got last year, about 10 months ago. It has a 12 month warranty, I assume that is the life of the reagents. This will be my second summer of success after cutting the pool store chord last year, thanks to this forum and it's great members.

Is is that a wrong assumption? How long do they last and does anyone have a good link for replacing individual agents or do people just get new kits? Is running the filter an hour before testing a best practice?

Thanks,
DT

The big concern here is how old was the kit when you bought it, Taylor has started printing expiration dates (packing dates?) on their bottles as of about a year ago, so in the future this should not be a problem.

Ike

p.s. it looks like they started including expiration dates at the beginning of 2015 with the expiration date being 24 months from manufacture date

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.