Good morning all! I am going into my third season and it just keeps getting easier for me. Pool opening went super easy. Slammed the mild green pooll and got it clear in 48 hours. I know have most everything in check but would like to know how to fix one area.

CYA 40
FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.0
TA 100

As you can see PH is low and TA is at the high threshold. Should I aerate? Add Borax and not be concerned with the TA? Add Acid to lower TA further then aerate?

Thank you all in advance!!

+1 aerate, it will bring your PH up and if you are trying to lower TA at about PH 7.5 lower back to 7.2 using MA :)

If the water is clear and warm enough, toss a couple kids in. They'll aerate the water plenty and raise pH.

TA only needs to be aggressively reduced if the pH rise is too fast, like adding acid every day, or if the pool is in imminent danger of Calcium scaling. Otherwise just keep knocking down pH when it hits 7.8 and TA will go down naturally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.