Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH/TA

1. Back To Top    #1

PH/TA

Good morning all! I am going into my third season and it just keeps getting easier for me. Pool opening went super easy. Slammed the mild green pooll and got it clear in 48 hours. I know have most everything in check but would like to know how to fix one area.

CYA 40
    FC 5
    CC 0
    PH 7.0
    TA 100

As you can see PH is low and TA is at the high threshold. Should I aerate? Add Borax and not be concerned with the TA? Add Acid to lower TA further then aerate?

Thank you all in advance!!
    Pool Size: 24' Lomart Whispering Wind II 13000 gallons
    Pool Type: Aboveground
    Pump:Hayward 1 1/2 HP Power Flo Matrix 2 Speed
    Filter: Hayward S230T 250lb Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: PH/TA

Id give it a bit of aeration and see how it goes. You can then adjust your TA once you get your pH back in range.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

+1 aerate, it will bring your PH up and if you are trying to lower TA at about PH 7.5 lower back to 7.2 using MA
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

If the water is clear and warm enough, toss a couple kids in. They'll aerate the water plenty and raise pH.

TA only needs to be aggressively reduced if the pH rise is too fast, like adding acid every day, or if the pool is in imminent danger of Calcium scaling. Otherwise just keep knocking down pH when it hits 7.8 and TA will go down naturally.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you all!!!
    Pool Size: 24' Lomart Whispering Wind II 13000 gallons
    Pool Type: Aboveground
    Pump:Hayward 1 1/2 HP Power Flo Matrix 2 Speed
    Filter: Hayward S230T 250lb Sand Filter