Intex 2100gph pump- how many hours a day

cfclay

Apr 24, 2010
Lexington,Ky
I've always ran my other pumps with different pools 24/7 during pool season. I've had this Intex 22' pool for three years and see that it has a timer, and I've read some on here about recommendations for use, but the posts I read had smaller pools.

This pool water will see about 5 bathers for 90 minutes a day all summer. I was thinking about running it from 2 pm to 2 am. Any others suggestions?

What does it even cost to run it all month I wonder? I'm just trying to keep an eye on electricity in the summer months- sometimes it runs up there. [emoji389][emoji383]

I would start at 6 hours a day and move it up from there if needed. Filters keep debris cleaned from the pool. As long as the pool looks clean it is clean. Don't confuse a filters job of keeping algae out of the pool. Keeping algae out of the pool is a chemistry function. Proper maintenance of chlorine is what keeps algae out of the pool.

I would start at 6 hours a day and move it up from there if needed. Filters keep debris cleaned from the pool. As long as the pool looks clean it is clean. Don't confuse a filters job of keeping algae out of the pool. Keeping algae out of the pool is a chemistry function. Proper maintenance of chlorine is what keeps algae out of the pool.

Ditto :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.