Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 2100gph pump- how many hours a day

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 2100gph pump- how many hours a day

I've always ran my other pumps with different pools 24/7 during pool season. I've had this Intex 22' pool for three years and see that it has a timer, and I've read some on here about recommendations for use, but the posts I read had smaller pools.

This pool water will see about 5 bathers for 90 minutes a day all summer. I was thinking about running it from 2 pm to 2 am. Any others suggestions?

What does it even cost to run it all month I wonder? I'm just trying to keep an eye on electricity in the summer months- sometimes it runs up there.
    Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 2100gph pump- how many hours a day

I would start at 6 hours a day and move it up from there if needed. Filters keep debris cleaned from the pool. As long as the pool looks clean it is clean. Don't confuse a filters job of keeping algae out of the pool. Keeping algae out of the pool is a chemistry function. Proper maintenance of chlorine is what keeps algae out of the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I would start at 6 hours a day and move it up from there if needed. Filters keep debris cleaned from the pool. As long as the pool looks clean it is clean. Don't confuse a filters job of keeping algae out of the pool. Keeping algae out of the pool is a chemistry function. Proper maintenance of chlorine is what keeps algae out of the pool.
    Ditto
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! That's kinda what I was thinking. A little hard headed though, had pools for 14 years and only last year slowed down enough to pay attention to what the heck I was doing!
    Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!