Draining 60% water tonight, need balancing advice

Latest readings:

@ 11:20p

Ph:7.2
Ta: 12x10=120
Cya: 60
Fc: 22x.5=11
Cc: 1x.5=0.5

Should I keep reducing Ta? Pool math shows a 70-90 recommendation, the tftest kit says 100-120 for manually chlorinated pools. What's correct for my pool and area based on everything I've posted?

Thanks for all the feedback!

John

What is correct for your pool is where it ends up. Each pool is different, which is why there is a wide range of recommendations on TA. TA will adjust itself. Every time you add acid to lower PH it will lower TA. Eventually TA and PH will reach equilibrium. It is not necessary to actively lower your TA unless you are either trying to get to a CSI number or you want to lower it all at once so you don't have to add acid to lower your PH every few days.

So, for instance, if your PH rises quickly you could actively lower TA to 80 to help slow PH rise and improve your CSI number. And then over the course of the next month or two of lowering PH your TA might drop to 60, further slowing PH rise. You likely won't reach TA/PH equilibrium due to evaporation and high TA fill water which will make your PH rise, add acid to lower PH, TA drops, repeat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.