Loosing Water?

Oct 9, 2015
Niagara Falls
Just to set the scene.

We have very low (deep) jets (I have to lie on the deck and I can JUST reach them).
We have a basic winter cover (tarp).

To avoid draining practically 1/3 of the pool at closing, I used 'duck plugs' after getting some good feedback about them in a previous post. This allowed me to bring th water down to just below the skimmer, which was still a good ways above the Jets.

I was just draining the winter water off the cover in preparation for opening and I noticed that the actual pool water level had dropped significantly (maybe 8 inches). It's not just above my returns.

So what does this mean? Is it normal? Or do I have a leak somewhere? It's possible my duck plugs failed and some water got in, but the link eanhad antifreeze in them just in case, and wouldn't account for that much loss.

So what does that leave? A leak? How do I go about checking for a leak?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

the answer is it depends :) was the cover completely covering the pool, so no water was able to get out or in? the good thing about vinyl leaks is they stop going down at the leak if there is one... so check around the line where your water level is and see if you can find it... you can try to add and inch and see if it goes back down..

I hope this helps :)

the answer is it depends :) was the cover completely covering the pool, so no water was able to get out or in? the good thing about vinyl leaks is they stop going down at the leak if there is one... so check around the line where your water level is and see if you can find it... you can try to add and inch and see if it goes back down..

I hope this helps :)
Thanks. I'd say it's possible water may have gotten in under the cover, but I can't see how it'd get out, you move, gravity and all. I hadn't thought about it being the liner, I was more worried about the plumbing. We're considering resurfacing the concrete so I don't want to tar it up to fix a leak.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.