Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diving Board Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

Diving Board Suggestions

Hello all. Our diving board broke a couple summers ago and we need to replace it. It is an 8 foot board with three holes. It is very old and the base is heavy metal in a U shape. There is a Frontier II board that might work but the holes don't look like they match up. Thinking I need to replace the base as well. Any suggestions? And does replacing the base mean I will probably have to remove concrete to install a new base?
    33K, IG, vinyl liner, 15 years old (??), 20x40, 3-8 feet deep, Hayward pump 1.5 HP, Hayward S240 sand filter (300 lbs of sand), Dolphin Triton robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Diving Board Suggestions

diving boards are fun

But they are a pain to replace... most have had to call the manufacture and ask what part it is to replace...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe look into attaching a steel plate to the old base and the new board to that? Drill the holes where you need them. Or rather, have a shop do it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Who was the original mfg of the board?

Call the S R Smith customer service number. 800 824 4387 and explain your problem. They are the largest mfg of diving boards left. They make the Frontier II board. They make numerous replacement boards. They may refer you to a dealer.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

It's really old. I don't see any writing or stamping for identification at all. I will try SR Smith and see where that takes me. Thanks.

I can assure you, if I can't find a replacement board, I will hire someone for a new install if needed. Like woodyp's idea though. My brother in law can weld so that might be an option.
    33K, IG, vinyl liner, 15 years old (??), 20x40, 3-8 feet deep, Hayward pump 1.5 HP, Hayward S240 sand filter (300 lbs of sand), Dolphin Triton robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.