Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! leak in hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! leak in hose

We opened the pool today and after the workers left i found a leak in a hose coming from the pump. See picture attached. Its super small is there anything i can do to patch it or should i have the company come out to repair?

20160513_194216 (1).jpg
    2001 pool built-Remodel date unknown-Size of Pool: 15,200 gallons-Salt Water In-Ground Pool-Vinyl liner-Pentair Triton II Sand Filter-Pentair Intellichlor C20 pool cell-Pentair single speed pool pump (i think)-Polaris PB4-60 pressure cleaner booster- 4 way tester

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Central Valley CA

Re: Help! leak in hose

I would replace it or have it replaced. A drop of PVC glue may get you by for a bit but I would guess that is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, built Oct 2015, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, 10GPDStenner for chlorine, 3GPD Stenner for MA, TF-100.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Help! leak in hose

I was going to suggest If you have enough length, cut it above the hole and reattach, it's really easy to do... If not, try perhaps saran wrap, several layers overlapping tightly wrapped? Might not stop it but may slow it. You can buy those replacement hoses at several pool stores - buy extra to have on hand because they spring leaks easily.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner