Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA questions

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA questions

I bought a 25 lb container of CYA online because it was cheaper than local. I need to raise my level from 40-70. I'm going to add to get to 60 using pool math as described. How do most measure the amount? I don't have a kitchen scale, so is there a good way to measure 6 lbs? I could guess at 1/4 of bucket since I'm shooting low before adjusting to 70ppm, but I don't like guessing. Is the volume measurement in pool math measured with measuring cups because that's easy enough if accurate? Last question, the conditioner is 99+% isocyanuric acid. I assume that is the standard conditioner but hadn't seen the "iso" mentioned in threads or pool math.

thanks, John
    26,000g IG, Fiberglass side/Concrete bottom, epoxy paint, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair Cartridge Filter 420, Pentair Intelliflow 3 HP VS pump, Pentair 120 Heat Pump, pool installed 11/2015, painted and equipment installed 4/2016. City Water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA questions

isocyanuric - it's good. On the Poolmath Calculator, use the "weight" factor if using a scale, or use the "volume" factor when using a measuring cup.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!