Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much FC is safe?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much FC is safe?

Hi folks.
    I cranked-up the run-time on my pump, in order to get more hours of solar heat generation this week. My plan was to raise the temperature for a birthday party this weekend. (Tomorrow)
    When I increased the run time from 4 hrs to 8 hrs, I didn't think to reduce the % of generation on my SWG.
    Well, I now have 80 degree water, with a FC level of 12!

It doesn't smell like chlorine, but is that going to be a skin irritant if I allow it to be used?

Today's #s
    FC= 12
    CC=0
    PH=8.0 ( I added acid to target 7.4)
    TA= 70
    CH=350
    CYA=45
    Temp=80

What do you think??

Thanks in advance

MIKE
    12,000 Gal plaster pool & spa.
    Jandy 2.7HP V.S. e pump, with IQpump control.
    Jandy AquaPure 1400. Jandy PDA.
    Solar heat. Jandy 400btu ng heater.
    Pentair 420 cartridge filter. Polaris 360 sweep.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How much FC is safe?

Hi Mike, You're fine. Even if you were in the middle of a SLAM at your CYA level (round up to 50), you're still below the FC SLAM level. It will drop fast enough once you stop FC production. Have a nice party/weekend.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

your good
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, Guys.
    I thought so, but wanted to be certain.
    The pool LOOKS AWESOME. It would have sucked to just LOOK at it this weekend.
    )

Mike
    12,000 Gal plaster pool & spa.
    Jandy 2.7HP V.S. e pump, with IQpump control.
    Jandy AquaPure 1400. Jandy PDA.
    Solar heat. Jandy 400btu ng heater.
    Pentair 420 cartridge filter. Polaris 360 sweep.

5. Back To Top    #5

You're set, then. Most of us raise the FC a couple points before we have a big crowd in the pool. Might I also suggest you brush thoroughly well in advance? Seems like swimmers hanging off the edges will discover all sorts of dust you didn;t know was there.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!