Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Unknown Water Pipe

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face Unknown Water Pipe

IMG_2780.jpg

Hi Guys I am new to this forum. I have a question can't find answer from anyone.
    As show in the picture, there is a white PVC water pipe inside the pool deck. The water constantly come out of this pipe. I want to shut it down. But I can't figure out what is this pipe for, and how to shut it down.

You can see the pool deck crack really bad, I try to seal the crack. But I really want to turn off the water before I seal the crack.

If anyone know what is this please let me know, really appreciate.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Unknown Water Pipe

probably an autofill. There should be a shutoff valve somewhere between it and your water supply
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Danpik,

Thank you for your reply, Yesterday I shut down the auto fill valve, but water from this pipe still going.

4. Back To Top    #4

If that is a threaded female fitting, it is likely for a sprayer to keep the water cool in the summer. Assuming you are in the phoenix area, your pool will hit 90 to 95 degrees in late July / early August when the overnight lows are above 90 degrees.

Here is what was installed in mine:

Amazon.com: Pentair 86201500 Aerator Fitting Inlet Replacement Pool and Spa Specialty Fittings: Patio, Lawn Garden
    8.5k gallon IG pebble sheen play pool with Intellitouch control, Intellifo VF, IC 20, Rainbow tab feeder (not currently in use), Pentaire mystery cartridge filter with labels faded to the point I have no idea on the model, Intellibrite 5g LED light, Hayward Navigator. Adding IntelliPh and Crestron control next.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you guys, you are are amazing!!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

In the Industry

This looks typical of a manual fill line. If you have a autofill this line should have been disconnected. May still be connected, usually to a Champion irrigation valve or just a regular gate valve that may not be sealing shut