Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Love my Pool - Hate the Arizona Summer Sun

1. Back To Top    #1

Love my Pool - Hate the Arizona Summer Sun

We only swim after 5pm to avoid the direct summer sun. Anyone do anything creative to shade all or most of your pool from the Sun. Would love to see your pictures. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Love my Pool - Hate the Arizona Summer Sun

I have large trees on the north, south and east sides. I just planted more trees on the west side because it can get pretty brutal.

Being in Arizona, how about some palm trees and/or banana trees in pots?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

here ya go they are not cheap but trust me, they are nice... ask any soldier, they are life savers...

Shade Sails: Outdoor Rooms Take Wing

Shade Sails and Shade Sail Structures by Tenshon
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

They had those over the pool at our hotel in Cabo. They worked great and looked awesome. We have a couple, but not over the pool.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Love the sails. HOA might not..

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

HOA are great if you let them know beforehand and don't ask them, tell them you are doing this, just letting them know
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **