Quartzscape Tahoe Blue - Poor mixing/application or sun fading?

firehunter

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2016
Houston
Went to see a pool today. Loved the water color, but didn't like what I saw for the plaster. I think it is only 3 years old. This would be a $750 upgrade color and should be more uniform in color. Wondering if this is just poor mixing/ application or a result of sun fading?

Reactions: bonanza
I have a different brand of blue quartz (Finest Finish Sparkle Quartz in Laguna) that was plastered only a week ago. I see some color variation, but not as bad as your pics. The mix plus how it was filled could both affect this.

Also -- beware of the autofill when they plaster. They hosed down my patio before they left, and water got down into he autofill cover holes and came out into the pool, leaving a discolored line from the autofill pipe in the pool down to the bottom. As stated by everyone, you don't want any water hitting new plaster and drying up....just fill from the bottom with your hoses.

That looks quite bad....I can't even tell which was supposed to be the original color? I can't imagine anyone having something done that bad and just living with it. For that reason alone, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of it was poor water chemistry and neglect.

Yes, hoping was just bad upkeep and water chemistry. Haven't had a chance to speak to PB about it. We will get this color only if it is uniform. If not we go with a non-dyed quartzscape or consider stonescapes mini pebble if that comes pre-mixed.

That looks quite bad....I can't even tell which was supposed to be the original color? I can't imagine anyone having something done that bad and just living with it. For that reason alone, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of it was poor water chemistry and neglect.

Was your Stonescapes premixed or did they mix it on site?

This is my vote! I wonder about the CH among other levels over the last 3 years.

Kim:cat:

Spoke with PB today and they thanked me for sending the photos of the Tahoe Blue plaster. PB said that it looks like very bad calcium build up throughout the whole pool and the owner was not properly watching their chemicals. They will contact the owner and let them know what is going on with their pool and help them clean up the calcium. Assured me there may be some marbling with the Tahoe Blue color, but nothing like the way this pool looks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.