Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: conversion ?

1. Back To Top    #1

conversion ?

I have access to well water. Would it be easyer to drain my pool, clean it, change my sand than to go thru the Baq. conversion process?????

Thanks
    30x15 above ground vinyl liner, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: conversion ?

That certainly is an option and would probably save you a good amount of time. You might still need to SLAM the new water in case any residual baqua remained in the equipment, but avoid the whole baqua breakdown process.

Keep in mind though we normarly don't recommend a total drain for the protection of your pool structure. So if you leave some water remaining, you might need to perform the latter parts of the conversion process.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info. I have done a complete drain before and it did not cause any problems. You are right I still may have to do some conversion even tho I put no baq in last fall.
    30x15 above ground vinyl liner, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by froggieokc View Post
    ..... You are right I still may have to do some conversion even tho I put no baq in last fall.
    Yeah, i did that too. was still 30ppm this spring. cant get it to stay up when you want, nor drop when you want. go figure. good luck.
    30000 gal inground vinyl liner;sand filter w/glass media, nuvo uv, TF-100 test kit; 25 years on Baquacil, converted to TFP chlorine in 2016