Z-Wave 220v automated switch

The Intermatic CA3750 install only took about 15 minutes. It is the same physical size as the ancient Intermatic timer it replaced, so getting it on the wall was simple. I spent more time going back and forth for tools I had forgotten than I did doing the actual install. Getting it synch'd to my SmartThings hub was more of a challenge. It seems you have to go exclude them from the hub first, looks like they test the Z-Wave connectivity before they ship them, so they are already paired to something else. Then, once I figured that out I had an internet outage, which renders my SmartThings useless. Once I got that resolved, it paired right up. I can now control the power from my phone, set timers on the hub rather than the old mechanical timer, etc. Now my next step is to get it to automatically turn off the power when the water sensor detects water. As I said before, for some reason Samsung only has their water sensor activities set to turn things on, so I will have to do something custom, or have them add an "off" setting.

I had to get into writing code with Groovy, but I was successful. Now when I trigger the water sensor with a wet finger, the pump and SWG turns off automatically. I also get a notification on my phone, as does my wife. I don't have it set to turn back on when dry, because I'd rather do that manually. I have a cheapo Foscam camera in there that I can go to from my phone and see what is going on too, so I feel pretty safe now.

My whole-house surge protector came today, so I'll be installing that soon too.

I forgot, I installed my whole-house surge protection last week.

IMG_0885_zpsisecmhrs.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.