SLAM'ing...have a product question

Hey all, first time opening for me and have a roundabout CYA question.

We have a 20000 gallon SWG pool that I'm opening this week. After following what I've learned here, it's gone from Georgia swamp colored to a light haze.

Up to now, we've been using bleach for the chlorine. However, I found a big bucket of Kem Tek All-In-One Granules leftover from last year in the shed. Our CYA level is currently sitting at 30, so it needs to be raised significantly anyway.

I'm GUESSING we could use the entire bucket of that stuff and not make much of a dent in the CYA level? However, it's much easier to ask the experts than fix the consequences of my ignorance. We do have some real CYA on standby to bring it up to the appropriate level.

Just want to say that this site is incredible. It's saved us a ton of money and heartache over the last couple of years. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

TFP is all about putting into your pool what it needs. As long as you understand what you're putting in your pool, go ahead and use it. Just be careful that you have a good estimate of your pool volume and know how much you're going to use up to what point with your CYA. I wouldn't go over 40 or 50 ppm CYA.

Thanks for making that first post and welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.