Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re-introduction

1. Back To Top    #1
    Dripping Springs, TX

I joined in 2009 when our first pool was built. Had been experienced in pool maintenance (worked for a service company for 2 years while in college), but was new to salt water. Learned a lot on this forum and received some great help. We sold that house 2 years ago, and the pool and landscaping was well worth the $$ -- sold quickly, and the back yard oasis (that's what the buyer called it) was a huge selling point.

We just built and filled our second pool last week. Spent the money on including the SWG, but haven't made the final decision to go salt water due to the amount of damage to the natural stone coping in our last pool over just 4 years. We have a month to decide as the quartz plaster cures. Great to have a pool again! I'm one of the few nuts that find cleaning my pool relaxing.
    20,0000 gal gunite IG pool, built May 2016. Jandy VS ePump, Jandy 60sfDE filter, AquaLink controller, PureLink salt water chlorinator, with Pentair Rainbow in-line chlorine feeder. Use a Taylor Total Poolcare DPD test kit. Heated by the Texas sun.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Re-introduction

Welcome back!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: Re-introduction

Welcome back!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter