Its that time of the year and I having my pool opened tomorrow. I have a great guy who just opens and closes for me, last year was my first year owning the house/pool, he has worked on the pool since it was built.
Here is my question, I believe last year at opening (I was totally overwhelmed then) he added shock and algecide, should I have him not add anything and just start using my regular method, bleach etc...or is it ok to use the shock the first day? Do you test immediately after opening? Thanks for your help as always!