ZeoSand and Aqualoon

bigdog12

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
SC
Hi all,
I'm about to go through the tedious process of changing filter sand in my 300 lb. sand filter. Anybody with experience with ZeoSand? You thoughts, experiences would be helpful. Also just got a circular from Doheny's with a new product called Aqualoon. Anyone with any experience with this product? Thanks for all the feedback

I have SLAMMED my pool (it was a swamp green prior to this) and it has remained cloudy after 2 weeks of filtering. My only guess is that the sand grains have started filtering less as the sand was changed 3 years ago. My current numbers (currently doing another SLAM to try to get rid of the cloudiness):
FC 15
pH 7.2
CYA 40
TA 80
Also, I read the article on "Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter" and have done this after the first SLAM. I was amazed at the truly foul smelling gunk that came out. After 2 hrs of washing the sand, the effluent was clear. At the recommendation of a friend, I put a gallon of Clorox in the sand an allowed it to sit for 24 hrs before re-starting the pump. The water is cloudy still.

Thanks to all. RazorHog - have done the second SLAM for 5 days now and the FC has remained stable by the Overnight FC Drop Test and all criteria met. PABender - sorry I left out that I have tried adding DE to my sand filter, but no matter how little I use, the pressure goes up after 24 hrs and I have to backwash it out with no obvious change in pool clarity (have done this 3 times thus far). How long should I give the sand filter to clear the cloudiness? Also, any thoughts on flocs vs. coagulants?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.