Test kits in Canada

I ordered reagents from Aquatech Logistics Inc., which come in quickly.
They are in Mississauga, Ontario.
They carry the Taylor K-2006.

Seriously? They list the Taylor K-2006 kit at $295 CDN. That is compared to $99 US online from Amazon.com. It does appear as if it's possible to order from Amazon.com into Canada (at $128 CDN). Would there be any problems importing "chemicals" into Canada from the US via the postal service?

I've shopped for and got a Taylor K-2006 just a few days ago (August 11th) on amazon.

Here are Amazon links for the

Both show as not eligible for international shipping, but domestic shipping (within the US) was free of charge.

I had mine (K-2006) shipped to a 'Border Mail Depot Service' across the border in the US, where I picked it up myself, and declared it fully crossing back into Canada. The customs agent told us these products are legal in Canada and let us through, but he did perceive PST. My total cost was around 90CDN - to boot, I filled up my gas tank and struck a small saving there as well :cool:

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I received the following yesterday in the mail:

Taylor K-2006-6

I ordered it on August 16, it shipped from New Hampshire August 19 and arrived in my mailbox on August 30. At the time, it was only $99.99 CDN, but considering the price to buy in Canada or from the States in USD (and then the hassle of getting it back here), I think the $139.99 price is reasonable still.

I plan on reordering reagent refills from Aquatech Logistics in Mississauga, though. It's close enough that driving there once a year is no big deal and the prices aren't bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.