Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test kits in Canada

1. Back To Top    #1

Test kits in Canada

A quick note to let others know of a place that sells Taylor test kits and reagents in Canada.
    Water & Ice North America Inc in Cambridge ON.gt
    http://www.waterandice.ca/

I have twice ordered reagent refills without any problems and they shipped it out quickly.
    17'x39' vinyl IG, ~30.5k gal, SUPERMAX VS pump, SYSTEM 3 300 sq-ft cartridge filter, Pentair Mastertemp 250 NG, Taylor K-2006 w. SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test kits in Canada

Awesome! I'm adding this to my reference sheet.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

How long did it take them to respond to you? I sent them an email on Tuesday asking about buying Taylor reagents, and haven't heard back yet.
    22k gal, IG Vinyl

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Looks good! Just a note: they don't appear to sell the K-2006 just the K-2005. But they do list the FAS/DPD kit, too so that will work.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

I ordered reagents from Aquatech Logistics Inc., which come in quickly.
    They are in Mississauga, Ontario.
    They carry the Taylor K-2006.
    12x20 vinyl liner + fiberglass steps. (6800 Gallons)
    SWCG - Hayward Salt&Swim 3C
    Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter (200 SQ.FT)
    Hayward TriStar VSP
    Raypak heat pump, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Padlock, they responded next day, but I guess this may be busy time of year.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks jorivesud! That is close for me! Seems like it is now getting easier to find the Taylor products in Canada, now, if only the prices would come down...
    17'x39' vinyl IG, ~30.5k gal, SUPERMAX VS pump, SYSTEM 3 300 sq-ft cartridge filter, Pentair Mastertemp 250 NG, Taylor K-2006 w. SpeedStir.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jorivesud View Post
    I ordered reagents from Aquatech Logistics Inc., which come in quickly.
    They are in Mississauga, Ontario.
    They carry the Taylor K-2006.
    Seriously? They list the Taylor K-2006 kit at $295 CDN. That is compared to $99 US online from Amazon.com. It does appear as if it's possible to order from Amazon.com into Canada (at $128 CDN). Would there be any problems importing "chemicals" into Canada from the US via the postal service?

8. Back To Top    #8

I've shopped for and got a Taylor K-2006 just a few days ago (August 11th) on amazon.

Here are Amazon links for the

Both show as not eligible for international shipping, but domestic shipping (within the US) was free of charge.

I had mine (K-2006) shipped to a 'Border Mail Depot Service' across the border in the US, where I picked it up myself, and declared it fully crossing back into Canada. The customs agent told us these products are legal in Canada and let us through, but he did perceive PST. My total cost was around 90CDN - to boot, I filled up my gas tank and struck a small saving there as well

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by presse55; 08-12-2016 at 08:27 AM. Reason: indicated free shipping

9. Back To Top    #9

I received the following yesterday in the mail:

Taylor K-2006-6

I ordered it on August 16, it shipped from New Hampshire August 19 and arrived in my mailbox on August 30. At the time, it was only $99.99 CDN, but considering the price to buy in Canada or from the States in USD (and then the hassle of getting it back here), I think the $139.99 price is reasonable still.

I plan on reordering reagent refills from Aquatech Logistics in Mississauga, though. It's close enough that driving there once a year is no big deal and the prices aren't bad.

James - Reluctant pool owner.
    24' diameter round above ground pool. Chlorine sanitation using bleach. Sand filter.