Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Show me your gray liners!

1. Back To Top    #1

Show me your gray liners!

I am debating between two Imperial Pool liners. One is Regatta/Royal Seabrook and the other is called Pinnacle/Gray Granite. I am leaning more towards the gray granite but I'm worried it might be darker than what I imagine. If you have a gray liner I'd love to see your pictures! Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Show me your gray liners!

Sorry no pics to share but I love it (I checked their site). Is the pool in the sun a lot? If not it will seem darker. If it's full sun then it won't appear as dark. I serviced a pool that was almost black (plaster) with dark slate coping. It was awesome but got a lot of shade so it was REALLY dark. When the sun was on it the pool didn't seem as dark.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you like it too. I really love the picture of it online, but when I saw the sample in person I started to hesitate because it seems to have more black than blue in it compared to the online picture of the sample.
    As far as sunlight, if its sunny, it will get direct sunlight all morning until about 5-6pm when the shade of my house starts to cast on it. So that seems ok. I've just never seen a dark lined pool in person so it's hard envision. Maybe I should look at pictures of darker lined pools?

Anyone have a dark or black liner pool with pictures to share? Pros/cons?

4. Back To Top    #4

5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

5. Back To Top    #5

It looks darker to me in person than online---More blue online-more black in person--is it just in my head? Maybe because I was looking at it indoors? What do you think?
    Any pictures of this liner installed or similar dark liners in a pool would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Here is a picture of the pinnacle/gray granite from the website:

And here is a picture I took of the sample in the store:
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Here's a thread to view for a dark liner...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...GP-in-MA/page3
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Here's a thread to view for a dark liner...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...GP-in-MA/page3
    This guy chose this liner because of me. He came to my house and looked at ours and he was hooked. Ours is black granite and we love it. You can see to the bottom all the time and looks really good when the sun is hitting it. I would think Gray would look great and be even easier to see through.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Sounds like a KY to NH road trip. Maybe make some college visits along the way!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
    This guy chose this liner because of me. He came to my house and looked at ours and he was hooked. Ours is black granite and we love it. You can see to the bottom all the time and looks really good when the sun is hitting it. I would think Gray would look great and be even easier to see through.
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
    I would love to see pictures! I looked at your pool build thread but couldn't see any pictures.
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Crickets View Post
    I would love to see pictures! I looked at your pool build thread but couldn't see any pictures.
    Sure, PM me your email address and I will send you what I have. If you want something specific just let me know and I can take that for you. Yeah for some reason all the pictures in my thread are no longer there
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

11. Back To Top    #11

PM sent! Thank you!