Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool owner, please be gentle!

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool owner, please be gentle!

Hi all! I just want to say I love the information I have read on this site over the past few weeks. Bought a house with a pool last July and one of the conditions of the sell was that we got a brand new liner out of the seller. Don't yet know enough about pools to know whether or not that is a deal or not (maybe should have went saltwater?) but my 6 y.o. loved swimming the last few months of the summer last year. Other than filling the pool last year and adding what the "local pool store" said I was clueless. Now I have a better understanding of where and what I need to do thanks to this site. Looking forward to talking with everyone.
    24K gal figure-8 shaped, IG vinyl, Tagelus TA-60D sand filter, pump ? label is gone (1.5 hp A.O Smith CX Y56Y motor attached to pump), Taylor K-2006, Dolphin Active 30i

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: First time pool owner, please be gentle!

Welcome to TFP!!!

You are going to have a much cheaper summer maintaining better water than you had last year

Glad you found us.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas, TX

If you decide to go salt water, you can install the system yourself for around $800 for your pool. Don't sweat not getting the seller to do it.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Welcome to TFP crimsonson

Stick with us and that "clueless" feeling will slowly fade away as your pool becomes cleaner, clearer and less expensive to maintain doing it yourself
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

Welcome! Read all you can in pool school! Ask anything you need answered and will get you set straight. Enjoy the forum!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter