Restore and Paint Pumping Station - Have you done it?

garywi

Silver Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hey Guys, I have been putting this off but want to do something. My 10 year old equipment is beaten down from the Arizona Sun. Paint is peeling or burnt off. The conduit is brittle. It just looks bad. Have you redone your pool equipment. What paint did you use. Did you paint pieces that are black or just the PVC. Interested in any learnings. Thanks!!

IMG_0353.jpgIMG_0353.jpg

I used regular white spray paint purchased from Lowe's. You can use a paint designed for plastic but regular paint has UV inhibitors included. I do this to my plumbing every two years as I'm located in AZ. We both need to cover our equipment soon???

I try to mask off as many areas as possible. I use plastic grocery bags and a few pieces of cardboard to prevent over spray. Two cans of good quality paint should cover your plumbing. My PVC looks new and no unsightly burnt plumbing. Please don't spray bomb....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.