Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any thoughts on the new Dolphin E10

1. Back To Top    #1

Any thoughts on the new Dolphin E10

I have a 24' round above ground pool and am ready to purchase a cleaning robot. My research leads me to believe that the Dolphin E10 is only one with a rotating brush designed for an above ground pool. But being a new unit, there are no reviews. Does anyone have any thoughts on this cleaner, or this type of cleaner? It's more expensive than a Pool Rover and I don't want to buy the wrong machine. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any thoughts on the new Dolphin E10

I have the s300, which is pretty much the same model. It has "thrusters" at the top and sides (ports where water is directed at high speed to maintain position) so I think it will do well on walls that have "give." However, I have no real-world experience on anything other than my in-ground plaster pool. The top-loading basket is what Maytronics should use on their entire line. It's by far the easiest of all the options as far as cleaning goes, and it has pretty huge capacity. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the performance of my s300 but it's the only current model I have experience with and it's generations better than my old Diagnostic (and about half the weight). The s300 is also an aggressive scrubber on the waterline - not an issue on above-ground pools.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

The E10 does not climb to the waterline. It will only go to 90 degrees on the wall and then return to the floor. It also uses a different steering method than the S300. The E10 uses a system of unbalanced buoyancy with varying thrust to turn while the S300 uses a type of thrust vectoring.

There might be a local dealer that carries an S50 or Active 10 (similar to E10) that would be willing to let you try it prior to buying. That's the only way to know if it's the right cleaner for you.

4. Back To Top    #4

I am looking at the E10 cleaner and was wondering if you ever purchased it and how do you like it?
    24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    23" Hayward Sand Filter S230T, 1.5HP Matrix Pump
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm looking into an E10 as well. How does it do on vinyl inground pools with hopper angled walls I wonder? (can it climb those a bit?)
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

I purchased the e10 for my above ground pool and I love it. Cleans the floor, cove and lower wall a bit.

24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    23" Hayward Sand Filter S230T, 1.5HP Matrix Pump
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I just ordered an E10 from Doheny.com. Eager to put it into service!!
    Chas & Cheryl (first-time, second-year pool owners)
    Radiant Metric Oval AGP 16'x32'x52"; Pentair: Clean&Clear 150 Cartridge, OptiFlo 1.5 Hp 2-spd, and 320C Feeder (all mounted below water level); Taylor K-2006 & SpeedStir; Maytronics Dolphin E10 (aka Einstein)
    installation pics (2015-2016)

8. Back To Top    #8

I have an E10 refurb on the way from poolpartz.com arrives tuesday, can't wait!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking at buying one of the E10 units with the upgraded filter. Any thoughts from those of you who have already purchased?
    30' AGP 18,500 GAL, Hayward C4025 4 cartridge filter, BBB Method

10. Back To Top    #10

There is a recent E10 review thread in here. It's a good robot.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

Well I dove in head first! Bought an E10 and ordered the upgraded filter which isn't going to arrive for another week due to back order. The bot will arrive today and immediately be tossed into the pool with the standard filter. I will make sure to give my impressions once the filter upgrade arrives. I'm not going to judge it based on the standard filter.
    30' AGP 18,500 GAL, Hayward C4025 4 cartridge filter, BBB Method

12. Back To Top    #12

I just replaced my 8 year old Pool Rover Jr. with the E 10. I'm pleased with the way it cleans, ease of cleaning filter and the that the cord doesn't twist into a knot the the Rover did. Only thing I noticed is that it takes more than one cycle for it to hit all the areas of my pool. Even after 2 cycles it sometimes missed an area.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step