Any thoughts on the new Dolphin E10

May 5, 2012
I have a 24' round above ground pool and am ready to purchase a cleaning robot. My research leads me to believe that the Dolphin E10 is only one with a rotating brush designed for an above ground pool. But being a new unit, there are no reviews. Does anyone have any thoughts on this cleaner, or this type of cleaner? It's more expensive than a Pool Rover and I don't want to buy the wrong machine. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have the s300, which is pretty much the same model. It has "thrusters" at the top and sides (ports where water is directed at high speed to maintain position) so I think it will do well on walls that have "give." However, I have no real-world experience on anything other than my in-ground plaster pool. The top-loading basket is what Maytronics should use on their entire line. It's by far the easiest of all the options as far as cleaning goes, and it has pretty huge capacity. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the performance of my s300 but it's the only current model I have experience with and it's generations better than my old Diagnostic (and about half the weight). The s300 is also an aggressive scrubber on the waterline - not an issue on above-ground pools.

The E10 does not climb to the waterline. It will only go to 90 degrees on the wall and then return to the floor. It also uses a different steering method than the S300. The E10 uses a system of unbalanced buoyancy with varying thrust to turn while the S300 uses a type of thrust vectoring.

There might be a local dealer that carries an S50 or Active 10 (similar to E10) that would be willing to let you try it prior to buying. That's the only way to know if it's the right cleaner for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I dove in head first! Bought an E10 and ordered the upgraded filter which isn't going to arrive for another week due to back order. The bot will arrive today and immediately be tossed into the pool with the standard filter. I will make sure to give my impressions once the filter upgrade arrives. I'm not going to judge it based on the standard filter.

I just replaced my 8 year old Pool Rover Jr. with the E 10. I'm pleased with the way it cleans, ease of cleaning filter and the that the cord doesn't twist into a knot the the Rover did. Only thing I noticed is that it takes more than one cycle for it to hit all the areas of my pool. Even after 2 cycles it sometimes missed an area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.