Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Handrail considerations with SWG?

1. Back To Top    #1

Handrail considerations with SWG?

Should a salt water pool have a particular type of handrail?

Thinking about corrosion and/or electricity conduction ...
    8K gal 13'Wx19'L IG kidney. 3.5' to 5'6" depth. Pentair: Ultratemp 120 heater/chiller; Intelliflo 2 VS pump; Intellichlor IC40 SWG; cartridge filter; EasyTouch controller. 3 wall returns, 1 skimmer, 1 cleaner line. Tremron Oak Run coping and pavers. Noble Tile Toscano waterline. Marbletite's Freestone pebble in St. Thomas. TF100 and K1766 test kits.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Handrail considerations with SWG?

I did research before specifying the handrail I wanted for my pool under construction.

PB didn't install the one I had in the contract. It was to be MARINE Stainless Steel because I will be going to SWG later.

You can read about handrail choices and installation in my thread:

Handrail in Pavers
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!
    8K gal 13'Wx19'L IG kidney. 3.5' to 5'6" depth. Pentair: Ultratemp 120 heater/chiller; Intelliflo 2 VS pump; Intellichlor IC40 SWG; cartridge filter; EasyTouch controller. 3 wall returns, 1 skimmer, 1 cleaner line. Tremron Oak Run coping and pavers. Noble Tile Toscano waterline. Marbletite's Freestone pebble in St. Thomas. TF100 and K1766 test kits.

4. Back To Top    #4

In case you don't know, ocean water has 10x the concentration of salt that you will have in your pool, 35,000ppm vs 3,500ppm.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!