Adding Jacks every other week with TFP method

Apr 3, 2016
Baltimore MD
I am almost one week into my new pool being opened. I've been adding bleach as needed and everything else is in line. Crystal clear. Just for grins, I have been reading back to the pool company's maintence manual and in addition to adding pucks and algaecide on a schedule they recommend adding Jacks every other week for stain prevention.

I have a well and initial analysis shows slightly high iron (no staining in sinks or toilets though) and I was envisioning adding 6oz of Jacks Pink stuff every other week as stain prevention. My pool company's guide ( that I am not following for anything else ) says to add 6oz every other week.

My question is: can I screw up any other levels by doing this sort of preventative treatment or should I just sit back and see if I even get staining? I wouldn't mind pouring some jacks in every now and then if it kept my well water from being damaging but if Jacks on a routine basis and my current bleach TFP program don't jive together then i won't.

Thoughts?

John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.