Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding Jacks every other week with TFP method

1. Back To Top    #1
    Baltimore MD

Adding Jacks every other week with TFP method

I am almost one week into my new pool being opened. I've been adding bleach as needed and everything else is in line. Crystal clear. Just for grins, I have been reading back to the pool company's maintence manual and in addition to adding pucks and algaecide on a schedule they recommend adding Jacks every other week for stain prevention.

I have a well and initial analysis shows slightly high iron (no staining in sinks or toilets though) and I was envisioning adding 6oz of Jacks Pink stuff every other week as stain prevention. My pool company's guide ( that I am not following for anything else ) says to add 6oz every other week.

My question is: can I screw up any other levels by doing this sort of preventative treatment or should I just sit back and see if I even get staining? I wouldn't mind pouring some jacks in every now and then if it kept my well water from being damaging but if Jacks on a routine basis and my current bleach TFP program don't jive together then i won't.

27,000 gal concrete rectangle, built Oct '15, DE filter, Jandy PHPM 1.5 HP, Hayward HP21104T heat pump, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Adding Jacks every other week with TFP method

Adding Jacks is fine, but no need to add more until you see metal stains again. As soon as you start to see a stain add more and it will lift the stain and keep it sequestered.

More here, Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach