Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are Waterco XLR Excellence heat pumps any good?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are Waterco XLR Excellence heat pumps any good?

I have a deal on a used Waterco XLR excellence heat pump (110000BTU reversible) but I cannot find any reviews on it. Are they any good? Efficiency? I don't see them listed on the AHRI website

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Are Waterco XLR Excellence heat pumps any good?

I have never heard of them. Looks like they are Australian. Some of their heat pumps look like relabelled Hayward products.

Found this, Waterco Heat Pump Pool Heaters | Poolheatpumps.com
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

They are being built in Canada but I think your right they are a subsidiary of this Australian company. I'm just concerned that the company isn't listed on the AHRI website.

4. Back To Top    #4

The important parts are the heat exchanger and who built the compressor and associated parts. If it is Rheem or other name brand then it is good. Any HVAC company can maintain it. Heat pumps should be good for at least 10 years.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach