Waterline tile fix

Nursenini

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 22, 2015
Bixby, Ok
This morning the PB is meeting the new tile guy here to go over "fixing" my bad waterline tile job. I'm nervous about it. I had wanted the whole thing redone but as of yesterday evening, it sounded like they are just going to "fix" the bad areas.

Besides the esthetics of a straight, even, well applied and grouted tile job, what else do I need to look for?
I have some experience doing ceramic and marble tile, but not pool tile.

Can a bad tile job cause a pool leak?

Yes, water can leak if not grouted properly, but not a lot. If the grout looks good it generally doesn't leak. Tile is mostly about being level because we know the water will be.

From what I saw in the pictures you posted it looked like they started at an inside corner and finished at an outside corner. That leaves cut "slivers" of tile or very wide grout very visible at the outside corner vs being tucked into the inside corners. I don't see how replacing a few tiles will fix the problems you were showing, unless they are planing to redo a whole wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.