Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaky ball valve needs to be replaced

1. Back To Top    #1

Callands, VA

Leaky ball valve needs to be replaced

Hi folks. Need some help here. Over winter, we developed a hair line crack in one of our pipes and ball valve. Wife ordered the replacement valve and wants ME to do the work. I am fine with making pvc connections, but I don't know how to fit it up because there appears to be no wiggle room to squeeze it in there. I tried to attach a photo, but received an error message that I would exceed some file size quota because I have already uploaded two photos for a previous question. I would appreciate some help on how to get the photo uploaded and some specific instructions on how to replace this valve. Otherwise, I'll be at the mercy of the not-so-local pool contractor.
    Thanks in advance.
    26,000 gal, IG, Vinyl, Sand, Hayward 1 HP Superpump, Hayward Goldline Aqua Plus SWG, Completed 7/2013

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Leaky ball valve needs to be replaced

To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!