Just another newbie...

Jul 23, 2015
Verbena, AL
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Good evening folks! I've been lurking around a little while trying to soak the information and, I finally managed to get my 5000 K intex pool filled and going. Most of the pool itself was inherited from a friend that just wanted to get rid of it. The filter pump was shot, the hoses were rotten...you name it. Trying to keep on a decent budget and put this thing back together was quite a challenge. after scouring craigslist and buying repair parts for the frame....I finally got everything up, filled and plumbed. Could you guys take a look at my tests and feel free to give any suggestions? Thanks!

PH 7.2
FC 6.5
CC 0
TA 100
CYA 50[/FONT]

Also, here's a couple pictures of my plumbing set up
88d90e8ed021fee1a0c4524d8fa7720e.jpg
98735e4971ef8fb96923ee63dfb6b7f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to TFP! :wave: To simply answer your question about those numbers, I'd say ..... those numbers look good except for pH is a bit low. It could come-up to about 7.5 is all. Nice to have you with us, and better yet to see you testing with a TF-100. Nice.

That is a serious filter for that size pool. It may never clog up for years :D ... although you should backwash it at least once a year ;)

With your CYA what it is already, bleach is about your only option, unless you pickup another cheap Intex SWG.

That is a serious filter for that size pool. It may never clog up for years :D ... although you should backwash it at least once a year ;)

With your CYA what it is already, bleach is about your only option, unless you pickup another cheap Intex SWG.

Yeah, I'm planning on just keep in mind is open for a cheap swg. Until then, I figure it's good to practice getting all the measurements now anyhow ;-).

Absolutely. Learning to maintain the pool without automation (like a SWG) is good because then you realize what you are adding and why. I think too many members jump to a SWG and then lose the understanding of what it is actually doing for them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.