Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: luv2swim

1. Back To Top    #1

As you can tell, i luv2swim LOL and just recently got an above ground pool that my husband and i can share with our son---i've only really dealt with the little ones for him and know nothing about having a bigger one and how to maintain it. So I thought I would join and see if anyone could help get us on the right track. We live in South Dakota so we can only really enjoy our pool for a few months but it will do the job on those really hot and sticky days when ya just need to get wet to cool off! Plus its hopefully going to be a way to help our son get more active and lose some lbs., not to mention give me some piece and quiet for a little bit now that summer break is here.....

No more peed in pools for us.... I hope! LOL
    15ft Round x 42" High
    Quick Set AG Vinyl pool
    3200 gallons
    RP800 Filter System/F700C Pump-- approx 780 GPH--min run time= 4.1 hours
    Location: South Dakota (and now a BBB girl, who just aint to great with chemistry LOL)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Glendale, AZ
    Welcome luv2swim!

Welcome to the forum. I am new here as well, but learing so much as I build my new pool. Can you tell us a little about the pool, size...filters, pumps etc. I know that information is really helpful, what are the current issues if any?

you are lucky you get to cool off, my pool is under construction and I get to just look at the hole in the ground in 100+ degree weather
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi! It's nice to meet you. You will learn so much here. My gosh the members are a friendly and helpful bunch.

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.