Getting my solar installed tomorrow... anything to watch for?

censored

Silver Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Solar company called me up yesterday and said they got an early opening and can install my Helicol system tomorrow. Anything I should watch for while they are putting in the system? I have a cement tile roof and obviously don't want anything to compromise my roof. Also they are putting in an electronic controller. Any advice where to have them put this? I would prefer it to not be on the pad since there is no protection from the elements there.

The controller is designed to be outside and needs to be near the actuator.

Are the panels on the same side of the roof as the equipment? If not, and if they have to plumb up and over the roof, make sure they include a drain valve at the lowest point of the panels.

Sure I like, them ... especially since I got them used and installed them myself and saved a LOT of money ;)

Note sure about the ratio. A lot of my pool is pretty shallow so the surface area is big. I am probably at 80% for solar area. I had another panel, but could not easily fit it on the roof :D

Cool, thanks JB. I thought about going used. There was actually a guy on CL here that was giving the whole system away for free if you would have it professionally disassembled and taken off his roof. Guys are here now, seems to be going well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.