wooden deck stain or paint

May 11, 2016
Bel Air, MD
Hello all i am new to the site and have founf information very helpful. Still have to update my profile with type pool, equipment etc. We are looking to build a wooden deck around front of pool and have been researching staining vs painting. Not sure what will work best with wood being exposed to water. Tried restore a while back but it was on an old deck in bad shape and started chipping and peeling after a year. Any suggstions on a good stain or could i paint it without having to repaint every year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

stain and paint :)

I stained (OIL) everything before, then waited a week and painted using 10x restore... it still looks great

this is a year later

dOfwE8wh.jpg

6y1UkpWh.jpg

Just built a 30' deck a few months ago and got through staining today. I used to use Thompson Waterseal and Olympic but after reading some recent reviews folks were complaining they had changed the formula and both had a white milky residue. I researched a stain called FLOOD at Lowes. Everyone told me it would go on not so pretty but would look great. Gotta say, this is some great stuff and a lot cheaper too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.