I got the Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner

I've had one a couple of weeks and I'm loving it, especially considering it was only $49 from Amazon Prime.

I'm pretty sure you can take the silence as a "no". OTOH, I've seen a number of people with pumps under 2000 gph complain that it doesn't work well for them.

Sorry, but I think you're going to have to upgrade your pump if you want to use one of these.

The Intex cartridge filters are not very effective. The good news is that their sand filters work great and are inexpensive. Lots of Intex users on TFP upgrade to the sand filter and report good things.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's how I hooked mine up so that I can run the robot and the regular return at the same time. Mine does wheelies too, unless I adjust the valves to shut him down a little bit.

The line off to the left and over the top has the robot attached to it. I just close off the valve and pull him out when we're ready to swim, then throw him back in when we're done. The pool has stayed spotless. You do have to pull your ladder out or at least as close to the side as you can, or he'll get wedged behind it.

WP_20160417_18_12_34_Pro_zpscsevv5sq.jpg

Here's the pics of my set up. I just added a Kokido chlorine feeder I got off Ebay for $20. Working pretty good but I had to make a new pipe for it because the one that came with it leaked. Got tired of the floater getting sucked into the skimmer.

WP_20160512_15_09_06_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20160512_15_09_17_Pro[1].jpg

It attaches to a 2" male PVC, but as you stated, you have to add an extra 1/8" rubber washer because the difference in the threads keeps it from screwing on tight enough to keep it from leaking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.