Switching from Fafco SunSavers to Polar Bear....header question

leibin

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2010
Prescott Valley AZ
Hello! I've been buying used fafco sunsaver (I think) panels on craigslist over the years, have 6 4x12's right now. They're popping leaks faster than I can patch them, so it's time to replace. I got a few years out of them for a couple hundred bucks, so I can't complain.

I'm looking at the Solar Bear panels now ( the 4x20's) - can I use the rubber couplings from the current panels that join panels together on the solar bear panels? From what I can gather, the solar bears 'appear' to have 2 inch headers like the ones I have now, but not sure if I can hook them up with the couplings. The sunsavers have a little barbed lip to keep the rubber from sliding off. Also, I saw on another thread here that you can use the solar bears just like the sunsavers by opening the bypass valve on both ends of the panel and then hook these up in parallel the same way I have them now (cold water in the bottom right, hot water out top left...for lack of a picture :) )?

Thanks in advance!

That is the best way to run all solar panels. I think the hoses and clamps should work fine. Worst case, if there are issues you can double up the clamps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.