I am more or less new to having a pool. bought a house with one.
I have been using a pool company to open and close it last year, and open it this year.
I have used shock and it is fine... but on here I see all the rage seems to be bleach...
1 gallon is about 2 something... and i can buy shock at costco for about 2 something per pound, or can buy the good stuff for 5 bucks at the pool place per pound.
I guess the shock may raise some levels/ lower PH where the bleach doesn't? is that the big draw to it?
I more or less got the hang of my pool... new pump this year... running it on like 300 watts and it is good so far. will turn it up when it gets warmer and sunnier. hasn't been sunny here in 2 weeks really. Near DC.
so yeah. I am always up for good tips on saving money/ better different ways to do things.