So this is my second year following TFP protocol. Started both years with a SLAM and everything has been going well.
I have noticed that this year I am having to use a lot more acid than last year. I think this may be due to the fact that I had a slow leak last year that I did not know about and have since fixed. I guess the water my autofill was adding was just the right acidity to keep the pH in balance.
Since this is the first year that I have had to use significant amounts of acid to balance my pH I just want to make sure I am not missing something even though my numbers looks good. For the past 6 weeks or so I have had to add 32 oz of acid every 7-10 days. My pool is large (29000 gallons) but I wanted to make sure this wasn't way out of the norm.