New pool owner, not sure how to start my pool system

natedogg

Bronze Supporter
May 11, 2016
Warren MI
I recently lucked into finding a house in my area with a 5 year old 19,000 gallon in-ground pool system. The pump is an intelliflo vs+ vsr with a cartridge filter system. I enjoy being outdoors in the summer but do not like camping, bon fires, ect, so a pool in a city environment is my set up.

I had a pool guy come out and use muratic(sic) acid and do an official opening. We started to fill the pool and he left saying we just had to start the system. The pool is filled and I am not sure how to start the system and am also worried about messing it up.

Are there any easy answers on starting the system? I've searched around and not found any, but hope to get some clarity. i called a place and it $250 to start the system, so I wanted to at least put in a good effort before I pay for it, lol.

Appreciate any help with this!

Appreciate that, i also am not a frequent forum user so will update with appropriate info. I updated my sig with the appropriate info and will add pics later. If this should be done in another thread I appreciate that input as well.

Thank you!

I had a pool guy come out and use muratic(sic) acid and do an official opening. We started to fill the pool and he left saying we just had to start the system. The pool is filled and I am not sure how to start the system and am also worried about messing it up.

What did he do? Did he remove the plugs and gizmos from all the inlets/outlets? Did he put the plugs on the filter pump? It shouldn't be too hard if those things were at least done. Never heard of an official opening that didn't start up the pump. Was this someone you paid? :?

Usually the pool guys that open our pool come back after it is filled to turn it on. The first year I had ours I tipped the guy $20 bucks to tell me how everything works.