questions referable to wedding cake stairs

Hi,

I need to replace the rubber covering the teeth of the stairs that came with the stairs. Do you have any suggestions of where I might be able to purchase the rubber covering ? The pool center I use was basically of no help. Thank you in advance.

Also, I do attach the handle of the stairs with a screw to my pool railing. But, the stairs do lift. I am looking for recommendations of how I can weigh the steps down. Please keep in mind I am a 5', 130 pound woman who will be doing this with help from my young son.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you Jason,

Shelly, I saw your post this morning and was trying to find what you say as the rubber covering the teeth, could you post a picture?

As for weights, there have been many that have worked here :) I used actual weights and had truck liner cover applied all over them, here is a picture, it's not pretty but my steps have not moved :)

MGk4fi3h.jpg

Here is a pic of jugs filled with rock and chlorine (so no green) some have used concrete in them..
iKZUfcKh.jpg

I hope this helps :)

Welcome! I use bleach jugs filled with sand to weigh my steps down. Pics of this pad would help.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the delayed response, Bumping for attention.

Thank you all for your responses. I do not have a picture of what I am referring to on me now, but I will post when I get home. It is the gray piece that outlines the steps and would be placed directly on top of the rubber mat placed on the floor of the pool. Thank you thank you

As for the weights, sounds like your ideas definitely work, but so not pleasing to the eye ugh. Thank you for your suggestions. Have a great day

I think we'll get a better understanding of what you need when we see the photos, and we'll probably be able to give you some ideas of how to weight it without the weights being exposed. For instance, a lot of people hang the weights inside the steps so you don't even know they're there.