Lena new to TFP

Lena

May 11, 2016
Lancaster, SC
Hi everyone, I am from Lancaster, SC. We have owned our pool for 20+ years. We have been using the Floatron for the past couple years.
Happy with the Floatron except for the staining of the steps, skimmer and some small areas on the pool vinyl liner. Would like to talk with
others who use the Floatron.:D Lena

Hi everyone, I am from Lancaster, SC. We have owned our pool for 20+ years. We have been using the Floatron for the past couple years.
Happy with the Floatron except for the staining of the steps, skimmer and some small areas on the pool vinyl liner. Would like to talk with
others who use the Floatron.:D Lena
Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Wow, second time I had to use this information today...

Everyone must make the choice on how to maintain their pool and it's not my place to change your mind. I will just say that mineral systems are approved by the EPA as a "Supplemental sanitizer", meaning you need a minimum of 1ppm residual of an EPA-registered sanitizer in the water at all times. These sanitizers include chlorine, bromine, or hexamethylene biguanide. The problem is that just the UV rays a very sunny day or your dog going for a swim can deplete 1ppm chlorine before you know it's gone.

Pool builders sell the "dream" of less chlorine, but in practical use the low chlorine levels manufacturers of these products say you can use are quickly depleted and allow algae to get a foothold and you loose control of the pool.

If you have to use the chlorine anyway and you end up with the staining you report, why bother??