Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing Dried Grout from Pool Tile and Coping

1. Back To Top    #1
    The Woodlands, TX

Removing Dried Grout from Pool Tile and Coping

Just did a pool remodel and upgrade. The workers did not wipe up the excess tile grout very well while it was still wet. I have many areas on the tile faces and coping edges where there is hard dried on grout. Tried to remove with a wire brush, but didn't work very well as the dried grout is that hard and was afraid of scratching the coping edges (travertine). Thought about using a muratic acid solution, but thinking only on the tile as I'm guessing that it should not be used on the travertine coping edges. Any thoughts?
    30,000 gal In-Ground Gunite, Diamond Brite Blue Quartz Aggregate, Jandy Pro Series 2.7 HP Variable Speed Pump, Purex Triton Nautilus FNS 60 DE Filter, Sta-Rite Max E-Therm 400 Heater, Polaris PB4-60 3/4 HP Booster Pump, Polaris QT Blower, Pentair Ranbow Model 320 Chlorinator, Pentair SM-20-2 125 GPM Spider Valve, Jandy RS8 Circuit Board with Aqualink PDA

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Removing Dried Grout from Pool Tile and Coping

First I call the tile contractor and have him come back and fix the problem.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall