Coach looking to be COACHED up on NEW POOL.......

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Do yourself a favor and get the TF-100 kit. All the tests you need with enough reagents to last a while. Get the Speed Stir option if you can as well. It makes testing easier, more reliable and dare I say... more fun. See link in my signature.

In general, it's best to fill from the city water if possible. Well water is a chance for metals contamination and you don't want to be staining those new pool walls.

Spend some time in Pool School and ask questions.

Also... pictures of the pool are always appreciated!

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Yep, get that test kit and we can go from there on balancing your wter.

Have you added CYA, aka stabilizer, to your pool? Have you put any chlorine in it? Who is doing start up (usually first 30 days)? You or the PB? Do you have any instructions from the PB?

Start on your homework here, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

The easy way to post lots of pics here is to open a Photobucket account (free), upload your pics there, copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post. That will embed the pic in your thread so that everyone can see it without clicking out of TFP.

thanks for the welcome......i haven't done anything to pool yet-personally.......PB was here for first 3 days after filling and did their thing.....will be by once a week for month/month and a half.........uploading pics soon......water has been getting clearer and clearer as they began their "prepping" treatment.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.