Slamming

May 29, 2015
Richmond, KY
This is my third year with TFPC, and I no longer buy any pool chemicals! This year promises to the be very best balanced, most beautiful pool ever! I have one question about my SLAM though.
Prior to SLAM:
CYA (after emptying pool 75%): An amazing 55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I will NEVER use pucks again!)
PH 7.5
TA 90
FC 7
(We SLAMMED after draining for CYA and refilling).

SLAMMED to 23 (FC 7/CYA 55 =SLAM 23)
Last Night FC 23
This Morning FC 21 (Drop of 2 ppm)
No CC's
Water crystal clear

My question: We had a TERRIBLE storm last night that dumped a lot of leaves, pollens, sticks in the pool. We got most of it out, but then it hit again overnight and dumped on us again. With that in mind, would an FC drop of 2 be acceptable? If not, do I need to get FC up over, say 25-26 to be sure?

I had an 8 day slam recently with 50 CYA... i had a few nights with a -2 or -3 OCLT. I just couldn't get to -1 or less, as it would go from 20 to 18 or 17. clear of course and <.5 in all cases, just above 1 OCLT....When i FINALLY used TWO heaping/good size spoonfuls of reagent instead of 1, my tests seemed to be a little more accurate. That was an additional note in the instructions that i must have missed or ignored (use more with higher PPM). Now that I am back down to 4-6, i still use one heaping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.