Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Built in Solar Cover (video)

1. Back To Top    #1

Built in Solar Cover (video)

I hate have the big ugly roll of solar cover always sitting around, so we went in search of a way to hide it. We were building this raised deck as a jumping platform and had an idea to hide it under that. I found a guy online (Michael Wade) who sent me designs he had on his build and I modified them a bit and wow it came out awesome!

The solar reel is bolted to an aluminum frame. I have two (weather rated) electric actuators mounted to push the platform up and down. The actuators are triggered with rocker switches and it is all run with a low voltage 12V DC power supply. The power supply is mounted in the house, run out and under the deck. These actuators are actually designed for raising hatches on the motor compartment on large boats. Some final work still needs done to clean this all up, but this is the season constructions ends!!

DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Built in Solar Cover (video)

OK, that is really awesome great job...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Central MD

Re: Built in Solar Cover (video)

That is a great solution - well implemented!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013