Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CH of 700 should I be concerned

1. Back To Top    #1

Mission, TX

CH of 700 should I be concerned

Tested my water and results are FC 5, PH 7.6, TA 90, CYA 70, CH 700, Salt 3400, Borate 30. Water looks Great. Should I be concerned with a high CH. I am going to work on lowering TA to 80 with MA. Also I would like to thank this forum for guiding me on testimg my borates using the drop test method with the reagents and supplies listed. It worked like a charm using the speed stirrer.
    12,000 Gallon IG Saltwater, Blue Quartz/Glass Bead Plaster, Pentair Quad 80 Cart Filter, A&A Infloor Cleaning System, Pentair IC60 SWG, EASY Touch Control Panel with 4Button Wireless Remote, Pentair Inteliflo VS, Pentair Ultra-Temp 120 Heat Pump, FLOWVIS Check Valve & Flow Meter 2"

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: CH of 700 should I be concerned

No, you can manage your water with CH higher that that. We have plenty of people here with CH over 1000. Just keep an eye on your CSI in Poolmath and keep it slightly negative, -0.1 to -0.3, to prevent calcium scaling.

More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling
    And here, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)

Please add your location, city and ST, to your profile so it shows up over there <-----, climate is often an important factor when we are helping you with your pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach