Adding Float Handle to Dolphin Nautilus Plus

I have some input on this since I just bough a Dolphin Nautilus Plus about a month ago. Here is my 2 cents. Don't waste your money or time buying a float handle, it doesn't need it! I can tell you right now it DOES CLEAN THE WATER/TILE LINE. I've watched it plenty times go up the wall to the water line and then it runs across the top of the water/tile line cleaning it. The cord has two floats right above where it goes into the machine and also has 4 pieces of white spongy type material (2 around each set of brushes) that helps it climb and stay afloat when need be (provides more buoyancy). It has been PHENOMENAL! This thing is 1000x better than the old Pentair Legend pressure side pool cleaner we had! It literally keeps the bottom spotless! I can now have a piece of mind that when I put it in the pool, 3 hours later I can come back to a spotless pool every time! I was a bit hesitant at first because I never thought it would clean it THAT GOOD, I was thinking it would leave a few leaves or whatever else on the bottom, but that little beast cleans everything and anything in site!

P.S. Get the caddy! I had used it for about 2 weeks without the caddy and then decided to buy it and it makes it SO MUCH EASIER to transport and store it, definitely worth the $100 IMO!

P.S. Get the caddy! I had used it for about 2 weeks without the caddy and then decided to buy it and it makes it SO MUCH EASIER to transport and store it, definitely worth the $100 IMO!

As I've commented on other posts the caddy is great but imperfect. It allows you to snap in the power supply at waist level so you're not always fumbling around for a surface to rest it on while in use. It also stores the robot with the rollers elevated so you don't damage the surfaces. HOWEVER, it only has 2 fairly rigid wheels/tires and is next to impossible to turn in tight spaces, rolls poorly over uneven surfaces and doesn't do stairs/changes in elevation well. Better to have than not have, but best if you're primarily moving on level solid ground.

I don't have the caddy, but it sure isn't that heavy after water drains out. I made this little caddy for mine to sit in while not in use. It has a 2x8 with foam padding on the bottom, so the rollers don't sit on the bottom.

Any idea what the the white in-line thing is on the cable? Could it be a transformer? I read that the Dolphin pool vacuums come with a "transformer" to reduce the output from 120 volts to 24 volts going to the pool.

White thing is a power cable swivel. It prevent the cable from kinking during operation. The power supply is not a transformer. It takes 120 VAC and turns it into low voltage DC which is used to power the robot. The power supply also communicates commands to the robot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The most practical aspects of the caddy aren't about the weight but about streamlining the operation. It's not an essential accessory but it is a convenience.

If you can't roll it on uneven ground, around corners, steps, gravel, things like that, what's the use in having it. I can have mine from the garage to operating in the pool in less than 10 minutes. I'm sure it can help some, but it's just not for me. I hope all the best for yours!

If you can't roll it on uneven ground, around corners, steps, gravel, things like that, what's the use in having it. I can have mine from the garage to operating in the pool in less than 10 minutes. I'm sure it can help some, but it's just not for me. I hope all the best for yours!

Cajunguy was the advocate. I'm calling it non-essential (and an imperfect solution) - which means many, many people will live just fine without it. It came with my s300 and having used it I can see its convenience even with its considerable imperfections. My s300 only weighs 16 pounds and the whole rig, caddy included is probably around 30-32. Because it rolls poorly in my application I just lift the whole thing in and out of my shed. So it takes me about 2 minutes to get active. Without the caddy it would take about 4 minutes (i'd need to find a spot for the power supply where no one would run into it and where it would stay out of the sun for 2 hours). With the caddy, I just plop it down, plug into the power outlet and I'm good to go. So it's not life-altering but has its uses.

This just confuses me even more about what to get. I didn't want to be in the $1K range on a robot vac.

The Nautilus Plus is $700 but I don't think it includes a caddy. A Triton Plus is under $1100 and comes with both a caddy and a remote and has a float handle.

Hmm.............

I ended up ordering the Dolphin Nautilus Plus. I shall see if it cleans the waterline sufficiently. I liked the top filter over the bottom and I would not use the weekly timer, filter clogged, or delayed start features. The caddy might be nice but it will be close to the pool so I don't think it's necessary for me.

I cam close to buying the Triton plus because of the float handle and claim it can clean the water line along with the dual drive and split brushes.

Thank you all for the input.

I ended up ordering the Dolphin Nautilus Plus. I shall see if it cleans the waterline sufficiently. I liked the top filter over the bottom and I would not use the weekly timer, filter clogged, or delayed start features. The caddy might be nice but it will be close to the pool so I don't think it's necessary for me.

I cam close to buying the Triton plus because of the float handle and claim it can clean the water line along with the dual drive and split brushes.

Thank you all for the input.

You will LOVE the Nautilus Plus! I am amazed everyday at how well it cleans the pool. The top access filter cartridges are worth their weight in gold compared to bottom access filter BAGS. They are soooo easy to clean out and you can clean them both in about 2 minutes tops and have them back in. I just keep a 5 gallon water bucket by the hose and clean them out over the bucket and when it gets full I just dump the bucket.

Just an update. I got my Nautilus Plus today and watched it run for 30 min and so far I am very happy with it. I have seen it climb the wall, perhaps even too well as it has managed to reach above the water line to the edge of the pool. It has also made it on top of the stairs. I think it will fit the needs of my pool very well. The top cartridges are very easy to clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.