Heyward gasket for intex

If you want to put it on without draining, I think you'll have to split the gasket. I don't see how you could put an entire gasket on each side and get it to seal properly. They are butterfly gaskets, not flat.

Installed mine right after getting the winter cover off and scooping out some piles of garbage that fell in.

I didnt cut my gasket. I placed front cover plate to the outside pool wall. Marked the holes then used a 1/8in drill bit and made the holes in the liner. I then used 4 screws in the corners to hold the cover plate to the outside pool wall. I then hung the skimmer inside the pool using the hole in the lid to aid in lining the screws up. Once the screws start i was able to let go of the skimmer and tighten the screws. Once all screws were tight i used a utility knife and cut out the liner. Having installed it backwards i was able to not get in the pool. Aftera cutting the opening i disassembled it installed butteryfly gasket installed the front over plate and started all the screws. Then screwed the skimmer on.

Not a single leak. And didnt need to get wet.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

We have a new 16x48 due to rust on the old one, but the old liner is still in good shape, so I am just going to store the new liner should something happen to the old one. Since the pool is down and drained right now, I guess I'm asking is it better to leave the gasket as one piece and just install the skimmer before I fill the pool. Since it's empty I shouldn't have to worry about the weight of the water tearing the liner and then I could cut the liner after it was installed then remove it and place the butterfly gasket on as one piece, then reinstall skimmer. Hope this makes sense....but it's probably about as clear as mud.

You can do that, but I even cut my liner with the pool full to just below the cut. Don't stress over it, it won't tear.

temporary_zps43a4ed4a.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.